Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The 90 minute potholder

I can't begin to tell you how many of these potholders I've crocheted in the last 40 years or how many balls of yarn and hooks I've given away while teaching others how to make them. All I know is that it's a running joke among my family and friends as they walk through each other's kitchens, look at the stacks of potholders and say "I see Julie's been here".


They don't always end up completely square, if there's just a tiny bit of yarn left I can't resist using it all up and they get a bit larger or longer than usual but they all work great. The thing I enjoy most is that they're an easy "take along" project and if I happen to finish one while out and about, people react as if it's a magic trick, it seems to surprise and delight a lot of people and that makes us all smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment