Translate

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Gathering my Thoughts on a Snowy Day


Many people love snow and can't wait to get out in it. I am NOT one of those people. I do enjoy a pretty snowfall from my window but that's about it. I spend most of the winter going through seed catalogs and planning for warm weather with endless cups of coffee and stacks of seed catalogs to pass the time until it's spring again.



I have to say that one of my pleasures this winter is to look out at the brightly painted posts on my wheelchair ramp against the snow. The contrast is really amazing and makes me smile each time I see it.

The only activity in the garden so far was a cardinal poking through the snow to get at the sunflower seeds in the  bird feeder.



Indoors the cosmos seed I planted is up and beginning to get it's first set of leaves. I'd saved it from the amazing orange flowers I had this year and am looking forward to bright flowers again.

As all of this goes on I continue to paint and I've been designing all sorts of products with that last Iris painting on them. Both seem to entertain and amuse me so they'll fill the time as I keep studying cheese making and will be building a press so that we can make our very first cheddar.

I'm enjoying the New Year so far and hope you are too,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment