Translate

Monday, January 31, 2022

Neurographica's Impact on My Art and Life

 

I've been kind of obsessed with neurographic drawing lately it has helped lower my pain level and my heart rate as well as nearly doubling my sleep. No wonder I don't want to stop.

I do it on my mail like this small doodle on the corner of an envelope and all over my other drawings and paintings.

I've been encouraging everyone I know to try it.

I've tried doing all sorts with the drawing it generates. Sometimes I cut them up and make notecards out of them. Other times I try making merchandise for my zazzle store.

I did this one with markers.

I did this  one with watercolors and found they worked much better as long as you used a waterproof permanent marker to do the drawing with.


These were some of the first drawing s that I did. The kind of star shaped one was on the corner of another envelope Everyone comments on how much they enjoy the extra decorations and they tell me that it entertains their mail carrier as well.




This mixed media piece combines pencils, markers, collage ad watercolors. I'm not sure where it's going yet. So far it is just my morning workout to get those creative juices going. come back and see where it goes soon.

Here you see  it with the neurographic lines completed and can see how much it unifies the design.


It wouldn't have done well as a stand alone art piece so I cut it up so that I can work on it further, add it to other art pieces in progress or simply make note cards out of them.

It was a fun and interesting process that taught me a lot about how different art materials work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment