Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Here We Go Again

 Thanks for following me so far. This is my usual method of working until inspiration strikes. I hope you're not getting tired of reading about it. You never know when another project will pop up so keep checking to see when the next inspiration strikes.

Oh well, Here's where it went today.


One painting is on a small canvas. I'd added some collaged bits of sheet music to it. They were about painting, making things and blue sky. At that point I began to paint bits of blue sky and clouds on it.


This is the one I mentioned in the last post, mentioning that it probably should have been left alone because it was fine as it was.

It's an easy mistake to make. One of the hardest things as an artist is knowing where to stop.


This last piece is on a scrap of heavy duty watercolor paper. It looks interesting so I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Speaking of not knowing where to quit. I went back to work on that canvas again on Wednesday and am not sure what to think of it now so I've hung it over one of the desks so I can think it over a bit.


I've titled it "The Nature of Art and Music" Because the sheet music scraps have messages about blue skies, making things and painting. So I tried to include elements of each.

I hope you're curious too. Come back and see how the others go.

Don't Forget to Paint Yourself Happy,

Julia



No comments:

Post a Comment