Translate

Friday, January 21, 2022

New Discoveries Revisit Old Themes

 Just as I was so excited about neurographic drawing and continuing to rearrange my work area I came across a photo of when we moved out of the old house in 2001 and I was surprised at how much one of the paintings on the front of the piles of drawings and paintings looked very much like this new method. And it had been done in the late 1990's.


I left the first house with over 100 paintings and moved into a downtown loft for nearly a year before moving to a 604 square foot house in Forest Lake with 95 paintings. All of these years later I couldn't begin to tell you how many I Have except to say that I got rid  of a a lot of the large ones and stick to 8 x 10 inches most of the time that can be kept in a small box.


As you can see here a lot of these lines and color areas are very much like the drawing method I was telling you about earlier this week. No Wonder I was so excited about it!






I'm also doing more works on paper because they take up  less space and the supplies are cheaper. As you may have guessed by now, after painting for over 50 years, compromises have to be be made. Age and financial insecurity take a toll but it doesn't mean that you have to give it up.

Keep on working to Paint Yourself Happy,

Julia

My husband remarked that I'd been using these sorts of design elements off and on for years without really thinking of it. He was right, now that I think of it, I have. The question is Where do I go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment