Translate

Monday, January 17, 2022

The Road Ahead

 Before we can really move ahead we need to come to terms with what had been. I'm not the sort of person who likes loose ends. 

I needed to work out something to do with the small works on paper from the mixed media project and the thought occurred to me "why not tear up the last of the paper projects and turn them into one larger and more complete work". 

So I began by tearing and sometimes cutting them up and applying them to a mixed media sketchbook page that I had started a collage and some drawing on. The adhesive that I am using is is Acrylic Gel Medium.


I did stop to make notecards out of these last two before moving on as I was telling you about.

This is more or less how it all looked at the start of the day.

And this is how it looked when I took my first break the next day.

As you can see, a lot of things happened in between. Let me break it down for you.

1. Filling Holes: The thicknesses of the papers that I had used varied widely. That meant there were fairly deep holes and cracks between some of the pieces. My workaround for that was acrylic paints in several colors and a palette knife to spread them into and across the gaps.

2. Tone down the brightness of the sheet music to help it blend in and "play nice": This was accomplished by dipping a brush into water and turning some of the acrylic paint into light washes to lightly cover the sheet music.

3. Throw in a twist: I often listen to art videos and tutorials - face it kids, none of us know everything. What I learned today is about a type of painting called Neurogenic or Neurographic art that has the ability to create more neurogenic pathways in the brain and cause neurons to fire more often which is helpful for pain relief, emotional and physical healing. 

Even though I'd found these on You tube the ideas behind is seemed sound and I said "that's for me!" Right away I grabbed a black permanent marker and a liner brush with white paint and worked in a lot of those lines over the piece I'd been working on and I think it improved thing quite a bit. 


I'm very excited about the direction this piece is going it. I just haven't decided whether of not it's finished yet. What do you think?

I'd love it if you left a comment or followed the blog. It gives it more weight and meaning for all of us. Most of all KEEP CREATING, don't let anyone or anything stand between you and your quest for a better life.

Everyone has the right to " Paint Yourself Happy"

Come back and join me next time. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment