Translate

Friday, January 7, 2022

Progress so far

 Hello Again,

I'm happy to say that I found those scissors I was looking for yesterday and put them to work on some catalog images that reminded me of my work and seemed to suggested different ways to use them.

I look at this as low budget market research because I just flip through the catalogs in my junk mail to see what sorts of things are selling these days. Clipping the images and putting them together on "idea /inspiration pages" and then writing a few notes down on what it made me think of.

After doing that I went to my main zazzle store and followed up on some of the ideas. It was interesting to see how well my designs compared to those in the catalogs.

That made a pretty good days work for me so I set things up for doing a bit of painting today to continue "playing " with those small paintings.



Today I went back to palette knives and wasn't to excited about the results except that the dark areas on them began to suggest landscapes to me and I thought I'd try a lighter bodied paint and some brushes and see where that takes me.

Of course before I dive into that I need to pop over to zazzle and design a few last minute valentine cards so that I can kick my sales up a bit and be able to buy more art supplies.

I plan to kick my painting up a notch and do some bigger and more interesting pieces soon.

Keep Creating and Paint yourselves Happy,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment