Translate

Monday, January 31, 2022

Stop me before I wreck it. The journey of the square canvas

 


This is the way the canvas looked after all of it's transitions and I am pleased to report that by Valentines Day It was working well on products in my zazzle store and you will find a whole collection of them called "Jenny's Choice".



This was where I left the painting at the end of the session. I'm planning to use it as the foundation to another painting at a later date.


I've been wrestling with this canvas for two years so far and it has yet to go in a direction that I'm really happy with.

I really enjoyed all of the bright colors weaving in and out of everything at this point in the process.

It's interesting creatively as I look at these photos in reverse and useful to get a handle on where I should have stopped and considered the painting finished.

Adding the sheet music was an effort to save the painting after I ruined it with the orange glaze. No effort went into the decision, I just had some pieces of it left on the work table so I grabbed it and threw it into the mix too.

Here's where the painting went seriously wrong. I had a small bit of orange paint on hand and decided to use it as a glaze to balance out all of the cool colors already on the canvas.

I got a bit carried away with the process and should have stopped here.

It's so easy to loose track of things and get lost in the flow state. It feels so good that you just want to stay there. If you are a fan or follower of my work you know that it happens often.

 It has often spoiled possible sales but it helps deal with my many and varied health problems and reduces my need for medications so that alone makes it worthwhile.

Now that I have reviewed all if these photos I really wish I had stopped here. I'm liking this one the best. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment